What are we drinking tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
It's a weekday for all of you workin' sods. What are you using to blur the pain of an ordinary life?

Whole Harvest Mild, Bridal Veil & a Back Alley Brown (with a couple shots of Holiday Spiced Ale)

david_42 said:
It's a weekday for all of you workin' sods. What are you using to blur the pain of an ordinary life?

Whole Harvest Mild, Bridal Veil & a Back Alley Brown (with a couple shots of Holiday Spiced Ale)

Cascade Spicy Ghost. Had four long necks of them last night and very nice. been aging 5 months in the bottles :D

And an Alaskan Winter Ale for dessert! Which is way too much ale after dinner.

Being retired does have its downsides.

I brewed a stout this past weekend, so I'm "researching" commercial stouts tonight. First off was a Young's Outmeal Stout, followed by a Bridgeport Black Strap Stout. It looks like I'll be working late, so I may also sample the Flying Dog Imperial Porter. Sadly, that's too far afield to expense as "research equipment". ;)

It is only 14:22 here and reading these posts gives me a very large thirst. 5pm is official beer o'clock time for me on "schoolnights" :mug:

It is Wet Wednesday after all.

There is hope even for us working stiffs...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16173568/

According to the data, drinking a moderate amount of alcohol — up to four drinks per day in men and two drinks per day in women — reduces the risk of death from any cause by roughly 18 percent, the team reports in the Archives of Internal Medicine.

I'm drinking my newly brewed British porter. I think it tastes pretty damn good for my second beer. :D

david_42 said:
Pictures?

Or maybe it's not THAT kind of wet.

Wet as in the frothy ale :p Crikes for once I was not being either rude or smutty!

Moist Monday
Tasty Tuesday
Wet Wednesday
Thirsty Thurday
Frothy Friday
Saturated Saturday
Slow it down Sunday

Started with a left-over American Amber from my first ever batch, who-hoo! Followed up by two Linie's and a couple Milwaukee's Best's!

This was drank during the cleaning of a Christmas gift from a friend/co-worker.

3 Grolsch bottles
18 22 oz. bottles
40 750 ml wine bottles
3 1.5L wine bottles

This is 3 months after the 3 - 5 gallon carboys that he gave me. I gotta buy him a santa suit!

Well, I should be studying but after reading this thread I think I am going to go pour a pint of APA.

Cheers!

What are you using to blur the pain of an ordinary life?

Beer should never be used to blur pain ... it is meant to enhance and re-affirm the perfect lives we all certainly have chosen and created for ourselves ...

That said ...

The winter warmer brewed on labor day is finally coming into its own ...

The award winning Dusseldorf Altbier is down to the last few litres in the keg ...

The dos-equis clone was great with the mexican dinner my daughter came up with the other night ...

SNPA clone ... damn thats good beer ...

I shouldn't have read this thread, now as soon as I get home from work I'm going to have to make up a homebrew black and tan, finish my Sammy holiday variety pack, and keep the homebrew flowing, but it's only 10, I have a long wait

I didn't have a HB last night, but I did enjoy a Summit Winter Ale, first time I've had it, pretty tasty, I'm glad I have a 6er.

Last night I had a Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse, a Blue Moon (with orange slice), and a whole bottle (25.4 oz) of La Fin Du Monde. That made me pretty tipsy.

uwmgdman said:
Love that stuff, I think I'll be trying Dude's SNCA clone right after New Year's.

I'll be brewing that again too. In fact, I'm going to shoot for January 8th, the same day I brewed it last year, and to "celebrate" the anniversary of the day I brewed my first ever batch! Moving into year 3 here...unbelievable!

Dude said:
I'll be brewing that again too. In fact, I'm going to shoot for January 8th, the same day I brewed it last year, and to "celebrate" the anniversary of the day I brewed my first ever batch! Moving into year 3 here...unbelievable!

I'll probably be shooting for Jan 3-5, I'm going to brew a smaller APA on the 27th of December and want to pitch on that yeast cake. I converted your recipe to PM (late extract), and dropped the crystal to 60 to make up for darkening in my 3.5 gallon boil. Are you making any adjustments to your recipe.....and how long did you let it condition before you drank it last year?

Yesterday I bought some 750ml bottles, one each of La Chouffe, which is a Golden Belgian Ale w/ spices, Allagash Grand Cru, Unibroue Terrible 2004, and Unibroue Trois Pistoles. I'm about to take my last final for this semester, and after that, it's time to celebrate! I think I'll try La Chouffe first, since I've never had it. Unibroues are my go to ales, and I'll save those for later. :mug:

Its been a good few days on the beer front. My buddy is in town for some work so we've been drinking a bunch of stuff here a list from this week

Abbaye- Abbey Val-Dieu Winter Ale, Brown Ale
allagash - White
Rogue - Santa's Private Resurve
Fantome - Circus
Gos Orginal Leipzigen bier- Spezialitat
and a few home brews!

uwmgdman said:
I'll probably be shooting for Jan 3-5, I'm going to brew a smaller APA on the 27th of December and want to pitch on that yeast cake. I converted your recipe to PM (late extract), and dropped the crystal to 60 to make up for darkening in my 3.5 gallon boil. Are you making any adjustments to your recipe.....and how long did you let it condition before you drank it last year?

I won't be making any changes to it. Good call on the C 60L instead. I didn't take that into account for the extract version!

It didn't condition long at all IIRC. I think it fermented a month, I put it on tap, and we killed it at a party a few days later.

Back