1 Gallon Modular Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezhan

Reaction score
A guy and I at work have a design that would make a modular 1 gallon keg assembly. It would fit five 1-gal kegs in roughly the same space as a 5 gallon corny. The idea would be that you could fill a gallon keg from your gallon carboy, enjoy your ~12 beers without needing to bottle. Once finished, you could remove the one you filled, quickly disassemble and wash it and keep the other 4 in place (assuming they are full.) The connections would be the same as a corny (one liquid line, one gas line per keg [working on a shared gas line as well]). Do you think anyone would be interested in these? I don't know how many brewers make 1 gallon kegs for testing out new recipes and such, so I don't know what kind of market is out there for this. The entire assembly would actually be stainless steel.

I might be interested, depends on cost though...

I can buy a 5 liter mini keg for 7 dollars and buy the fittings (pic attached) to attach it to my tap for a total of 32.00....

15.jpg

16.jpg

Zubius, I'm liking that setup but I'm running into the same problem. Fittings are driving the cost up the most. I'd really like to stick with standard pin or ball lock fittings so it's compatible with someone's home brew cornys. Does anyone know a good place to get the lock posts and relief valves? Cheapest I've found is about 9$ each, and since each keg needs a pair it would drive the cost up substantially.

I might be interested, depends on cost though...

I can buy a 5 liter mini keg for 7 dollars and buy the fittings (pic attached) to attach it to my tap for a total of 32.00....

I like that where did you get the fittings?

They do have one gal cornys. I have one. They seem to be very hard to find.

alright guys, thanks for all the good feedback and ideas. For now, it seems the idea of cheaply produced modular 1-gal kegs is being held back by the price of fittings (assuming I make it backwards compatible with standard cornys.) I'll keep looking around for better deals. For now, I'll use Zubious' build and make them non-corny fittings. I've got some of those laying around so I may try and throw something together this week. I'll post some pictures when I get it done. No 1-gal kegs yet though.

Back