Time lapse video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazydave

Reaction score
I just uploaded a time lapse video of me brewing an American red ale today...
Curious to see what people think.

It's my first attempt at time lapse. I think next time I'll get more of the brew kettle in there....

Last edited by a moderator:
2,300 some odd jpegs stitched together...
I tethered my camera to my laptop and used it as an intervalometer.

Also, this was the second batch I did yesterday, I was already about 5 down from the first one. :mug:

Pretty cool. Next time hang an analog clock on the wall for reference.

Pretty cool. Next time hang an analog clock on the wall for reference.

It would also be a little more entertaining if you threw in a couple frames of something like you dry humping your girlfriend when she walked in to check on you or a couple of furries dropping by for a dance party. Like this->:ban:

2,300 some odd jpegs stitched together...
I tethered my camera to my laptop and used it as an intervalometer.

Also, this was the second batch I did yesterday, I was already about 5 down from the first one. :mug:

What did you use for stitching them together? I have 50,000 pictures from a time lapse I did years ago when I had a pool put in and every video package I tried to use couldn't handle doing all the pics.

This is awesome. SWMBO's laptop has a timelapse feature built into the webcam. If I can keep her off the computer long enough to use it for a brew session I am going to make one myself.

What did you use for stitching them together? I have 50,000 pictures from a time lapse I did years ago when I had a pool put in and every video package I tried to use couldn't handle doing all the pics.

Quicktime Pro, as long as the images are numbered sequentially it throws them all in order.
It threw the 2,385 images I had together in about 5-10 seconds. Exporting to a video format took a lot longer though.

Cool Video

OT alert:
50,000 pictures is a whole lot to load into memory. Might be hitting a limit with whatever package, but it could also be a matter of simply running out of memory. My suggestion would be to try breaking up the pictures and rendering them in segments, then put those video segments together for final output.

Cool Video

OT alert:
50,000 pictures is a whole lot to load into memory. Might be hitting a limit with whatever package, but it could also be a matter of simply running out of memory. My suggestion would be to try breaking up the pictures and rendering them in segments, then put those video segments together for final output.

+1 on that suggestion!

I was trying to do it in smaller chunks way back when... 2003/2004. The problem is that I have 141 folders (1 for each day) with 700-900 pictures in each folder. I just did a rescan of the folders to see how many files were there.... I was a little off.... it was over 128,000!

I'd like to find a nice command line utility that I could setup some batch jobs to do this, but I've never found anything.

Sorry for the OT chatter on this - just thought what you did was cool and would like to figure out a way to stitch mine together.

There was actually some crazy lightning going on outside, which is why you'll see me stand at the door occasionally to see what's going on out there.

I think it would be great with some Benny Hill music for the soundtrack!

PS-Looks like my brew day...a LOT of walking back and forth.

I actually thought about that but wanted to get the video portion down first... Now that that's done, I'm sure the next one probably will have something Benny Hill sounding behind it.

Back