Weldless Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsutton

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the process of building an electric HLT out of a 10 gallon Rubbermaid ($37.00 @ HD!). Is there a difference between Cooler weld less fittings and Keg weldless fittings? I am dismantling my Keg HLT and was wondering if I could use or adapt its weldless fitting to my Cooler.

I'm pretty sure they are different as they are in two different parts of the catalog online. I think it is because the cooler is so much thicker than the Keggle. You may be able to modify it with some washers. Not sure though.

Good Luck.

It all depends. I was able to use the same ball valve and fitting on my kettle and MLT, but the one on the MLT barely fit. Like Bobby said, with the addition of a longer nipple it will work.

Up to you. I'd do it to save money unless I had the money to buy a new weldless.

Actually, I took the white O-ring out of the inside of the Cooler and now my 1/2 Keg weldless fits fine. I just need to figure out some O-rings and It should work.

Back