Finings in the Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbrews

Reaction score
I fine almost every beer I make with good results but I have always done this in the primary carboy while cold crashing. I recently bought a new 15 gallon plastic fermentor that I cannot fit into any fridge I have to cold crash so for these kegs I am filling today, I will need to add it to the keg.

I have heard a lot about needing to have the beer cold before adding gelatin to get the proteins to drop out first but I have no way to possibly get my 11 gallons in the fermentor down below 60-62. Does anyone have any tips for fining in the keg? I was just going to use my usual gelatin + PVPP blend to the keg then rack on top to mix.

I know this will work but my concern is that there are 7 oz of dry hops in the fermentor so I am going to have A LOT to settle out and it might be too much to possibly settle out and be able to pour clear beer. Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Back