If you LOVE your job...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... quite a while coming, but a job change. I'm pretty excited/anxious about it. During the current environment here in the US, the military is being forced to cut back on contracts and thus my job from before is going away.

So now I've been offered and accepted a new job flying in the Gulf of Mexico. I don't start for a few weeks and am busy studying the new aircraft and all these damn civilian flying rules :)

Worst part is the company has a 24 hour prior to work, no-alcohol policy and I'll be working 14 on/off. Wonder how they'll feel if I bring my brew rig with me.

s92-phi-oct2011_581.jpg

S92 cockpit.jpg

yes the taller ladder is too much and gets in the way unless you stand on it backwards which is a violation of rules and safety!

Please get a taller ladder before you kill yourself.

P.S. I really admire a quality weld. I suck at welding, but I never get a chance to weld either.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

+1

As is standing on the top of a ladder:p But we do it anyway

Getting ready to order my sheet of SS to make a 30-40 gallon pot:D

ACTUALLY, this particular ladder is less than 3' tall and has NO manufacturer warnings about standing on top of it...perfectly legal and safe.

Here we are with the support bracing fit up on the trailer base and a piece of the barrel laid up for fit checking all the radii...

o3.jpg

ox2.jpg

ox1.jpg

I work at the local kite factory...

We make these,
Boeing.jpg

and these,
boeing787.jpg

and these,
o-BOEING-737-INSPECTION-facebook.jpg

and a few of these too!
fa_18_ef_super_hornet_l1.jpg

I'm a CNC Maintenance Electronics Tech and currently work on contour tape layers like this
GEMINI_Viper7000_Aero_web.jpg

or large mills
MMS_0212_retrofitli_A.jpg

I love my job but I'm looking forward to retiring...
478373_570905066305909_284149114_o.jpg

I'm currently serving my 10th year in the Navy. My current duty assignment is as an instuctor for a communications system maintenance course. Sorry, no cool pictures of my job but here's one off google of the system I work on.
hfrg-01.JPG

Sorry; F/A-18E has but one seat. Also, realized after I hit reply that AG 103 is on the bottom of the Atlantic since January. Most unfortunate.

Sorry for the minor tangent, but what in the hell happened to it? All I could find out was that it was conducting a training exercise.

Sorry for the minor tangent, but what in the hell happened to it? All I could find out was that it was conducting a training exercise.

I think what you found is all the USN has released to the public. On the good side, the pilot can now walk and is otherwise mostly recovered from what were serious orthopedic injuries. He isn't medically cleared to fly yet but his progress has been rapid.

Sorry I don't have more details for you.

I think what you found is all the USN has released to the public. On the good side, the pilot can now walk and is otherwise mostly recovered from what were serious orthopedic injuries. He isn't medically cleared to fly yet but his progress has been rapid.

Sorry I don't have more details for you.

Good to hear the pilot is in good shape.

Coworker just got me comp'ed for a 3 day conference!

Of course it probably means I'm going to be on a panal, get volunteered for everything under the sun, and get hit up by consultants for three days straight. But it also means free hotel, free rental car, and free food for three days.

And I'll be dragging my bike up there if I can get away with that too.

yeah, it has a huge blower/burner with water injection... they burn the wood/what ever in it to make charcoal

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400679982.342358.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1400680007.339019.jpg
Interesting week; I'm coordinating the aviation events for Fleet Week NY. These were taken by helicopters flying passengers from the Downtown Manhattan Heliport to the USS OAK HILL. OAK HILL and five other ships moored in NYC a few minutes ago. The city and state of New York have been fantastic to us. The only question I have is how much sleep is actually required to survive?

View attachment 200718View attachment 200719
Interesting week; I'm coordinating the aviation events for Fleet Week NY. These were taken by helicopters flying passengers from the Downtown Manhattan Heliport to the USS OAK HILL. OAK HILL and five other ships moored in NYC a few minutes ago. The city and state of New York have been fantastic to us. The only question I have is how much sleep is actually required to survive?

I flew tours and news in NYC for over 6 years, and always loved fleet week. Thanks for your service Sparky.

Those tour guys flying single seat with a full load of random tourons in the hornets' nest that is the New York SFRA have a pretty neat job. They all looked 17, but that's because I'm old. It must get old, but I think it would be cool for a while.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400897407.496565.jpg
More Fleet Week. Today we took the helos to Curtis High in Staten Island. The HSC-5 guys make this really easy. Superb dudes.

Go get a #SelfieWithaSailor if you are in NYC.

Sparky
Making beer and hard cider in Southern Virginia since 2011.

70 tons of steel! The shipping co. hauled this thing from our shop in KS all the way to Or...got to within 1 mile of the site and did this to my work!!!

turbine3.jpg

turbine2.jpg

turbine1.jpg

70 tons of steel! The shipping co. hauled this thing from our shop in KS all the way to Or...got to within 1 mile of the site and did this to my work!!!

Nice! Someone at my plant decided to pick up a 45,000 lb compressor without pads under the outriggers in sloppy gravel. Almost flipped the rig over into a pipe rack full of very unfriendly stuff. I don't even operate the equipment, and I could've told them not to do that. The compressor got dropped to stop the incident. Its still sitting there on the broken concrete.

Nice! Someone at my plant decided to pick up a 45,000 lb compressor without pads under the outriggers in sloppy gravel. Almost flipped the rig over into a pipe rack full of very unfriendly stuff. I don't even operate the equipment, and I could've told them not to do that. The compressor got dropped to stop the incident. Its still sitting there on the broken concrete.

I'd be downright pissed.

I don't think anyone got too upset about our near incident since the compressor was being scrapped anyway. They are back to using pads under the outriggers anytime they are on gravel. Good idea!

Back