bottle cap with no liner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwmarach

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this? My swmbo, bless her hear, got me bottle caps from amazon in her last order. However they don't have a liner in them like the one on the right. They are just plain metal. I would assume that they wouldn't be able to hold pressure, but I don't know. I haven't used them yet. This is the first time I've come across this.

2012-11-28_21-45-34_431.jpg

Interesting this was just posted yesterday...

I just finished bottling about 30 minutes ago using caps I just ordered, and as I was cleaning up, I looked down at the caps I just used on 70 bottles... no liner. Didn't even think to check them.

So now the question is... is it worth it to order normal caps and recap them? I wouldn't be able to get more and recap for 2 or 3 more days...

Curse my unobservant nature...

Yeah I made a quick trip to the LHBS and got new caps. I thought about doing an experiment with a few and capping with the nonliners and covering them in wax, but I chickened out. I guess it wouldn't hurt for next time to experiment.

Latest posts

Back