question on blackberry sg level

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tupes

Reaction score
I'm using the Winemakers recipe handbook that came with my kit.. I put my wine into a 1gallon secondary fermentor @ sg of 1.028, as ths book instructs. Today I checked my sg 4 days later and my sg is 1.100. The handbook states it should be at that point after 3 or so weeks. Is thus ok or is something wrong. And this is day 11 of fermentation. Thanks fir any help regarding this issue.

I think your fine. Leave it in secondary for 3 or 4 weeks and then rack it again. Your yeast will only tolerate a certain amount of alcohol before it stops producing. It should start slowing soon.

What was your OG?

Also, i'm assuming that you mean your SG was 1.010 4 days into secondary. Sometimes fermentations happen quicker than expected, sometime they take longer. It depends on the conditions.

I would do as suggested by Buckmaster. So long as it's fermenting, you're all good.

Dicky

Back