gas valve help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slc10

Reaction score
i'm building my all grain setup and i have a question. i decided to use a couple of 100,000 btu turkey fryers (i have my reasons). i wanted to be able to control the burners from a central control panel. adjust the gas and light the burner. i have accomplished the lighting part with a great retrofit of an electronic spark ignitor but the control valve for the gas has me stumped. i want to mount them both in a neat control panel. i would like to run a hose from the tank to a regulator, to a control valve and then to the burner. the control valve has my Google head spinning. i cant find a good solution. any ideas??????

Doesn't your burner have a control valve on the line already? If so you could mount this valve and get fittings to run an extension from the valve to the burner.

i'm building my all grain setup and i have a question. i decided to use a couple of 100,000 btu turkey fryers (i have my reasons). i wanted to be able to control the burners from a central control panel. adjust the gas and light the burner. i have accomplished the lighting part with a great retrofit of an electronic spark ignitor but the control valve for the gas has me stumped. i want to mount them both in a neat control panel. i would like to run a hose from the tank to a regulator, to a control valve and then to the burner. the control valve has my Google head spinning. i cant find a good solution. any ideas??????

I'm not fully understanding what you are asking. I'm guessing that you want to be able to adjust the flame height from the control panel. That would require an automatic proportional valve of some kind, not a simple on/off gas solenoid valve. The proportional valve is likely to be a pricey item.

I've purchased the regular solenoid valves from these guys:

valvesforprojects.com

Their website is still under construction, but they list an email address for inquiries. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. I'd drop them a line and see if they can help or point you to another source. It's worth a try.

Back