Slightly sweet aftertaste, like steel reserve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer is good

Reaction score
My beer has a slight aftertaste like that of high gravity malt liquor that homeless people drink (and me, in my shameful past)

I bottled it like 2 weeks ago, is that unfermented sugar that may ferment out in the future?

thanks!

Beer is good said:
My beer has a slight aftertaste like that of high gravity malt liquor that homeless people drink (and me, in my shameful past)

I bottled it like 2 weeks ago, is that unfermented sugar that may ferment out in the future?

thanks!

Can you post your recipe?

-walker

Sorry for ignoring you, I was drunk when I wrote that and forgot about it... anyway, about the beer, it is great now!! DELICIOUS! I just had to let it age a bit more, it had only been two weeks... im so impatient... heh

still interested in the reciped? it was the first kit I got free with my home brew kit :) just a pale ale

Walker-san said:
Can you post your recipe?

-walker

Ditto that. I'd like to brew some at four times the dollar amount of buying the stuff at the corner store. :drunk:

Why do I like that stuff so much?

well I type all day for work and all night for work related activities... so... unless I'm totally hammered my typing isn't effected too much :ban:

Beer is good said:
about the beer, it is great now!! DELICIOUS! I just had to let it age a bit more, it had only been two weeks... im so impatient... heh
Isn't it amazing what a few days can do for a beer? I brewed a wheat beer that was kinda sour and cidery at first, but after a month it was really tasty! When I first tapped my Midnight Oil, it had no head retention and tasted a bit thin. After only 3 days on tap, it developed a great creamy head (so to speak) with nice lacing, and the flavor is nice and full. Patience is not a virtue of mine, but homebrewing just might teach me a life lesson...

Latest posts

Back