zymurgy!?!?!?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
is it just me, or does it hack anyone else off that Michelob always has a big ass add on the back cover of Zymurgy? :mad: i wouldn't mind so much if it was the ABA's magazine, but this is AHA! just leaves a bad taste in my mouth (figuratively and literally!)

sorry, had to rant on that. my wife didn't make a good sounding board for this one............

I've looked all over town for home brewing magazines but no book stores carry them. Do you have to subscribe to see it or does some store carry them?

TxBrew said:
I've looked all over town for home brewing magazines but no book stores carry them. Do you have to subscribe to see it or does some store carry them?

If Barnes & Noble in Beaumont, TX carries Brew Your Own, thay have to have it where you live! :)

Border's Books and Music has it too, in Houston. Zymurgy is for AHA members only, I think? You can p/u copies of both at your local HBS (or should be able too).

DeRoux's Broux said:
is it just me, or does it hack anyone else off that Michelob always has a big ass add on the back cover of Zymurgy? :mad: i wouldn't mind so much if it was the ABA's magazine, but this is AHA! just leaves a bad taste in my mouth (figuratively and literally!)

sorry, had to rant on that. my wife didn't make a good sounding board for this one............

I was amazed by that as well. Freaking Budweiser man. I hate everything that brewery stands for.

On another note--YOU still haven't answered my question about Thunderhead Pale Ale!

Who is a member of AHA? Is it worth it to join? I am able to get back copies of Zymurgy at HBS at a reduced price, but if I am missing something by not being a member, perhaps, I should consider joining. I should probably join just for the sake of supporting the homebrewing movement. I have started a subscription to Brew Your Own, though have yet to receive first issue.

Born Brewing Co. said:
Who is a member of AHA? Is it worth it to join? I am able to get back copies of Zymurgy at HBS at a reduced price, but if I am missing something by not being a member, perhaps, I should consider joining. I should probably join just for the sake of supporting the homebrewing movement. I have started a subscription to Brew Your Own, though have yet to receive first issue.

Very little benefit as far as I'm concerned, other than the magazine. BYO is still better than Zymurgy on all counts IMHO.

Being an AHA member has pub discounts too, but as little as I go out, it's just not worth it. I'm in for the rag.

Back