Place in Birmingham, J Clyde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyleWolf

Reaction score
If anyone ever ventures out to my neck of the woods (Birmingham Al) make sure you visit J Clyde. Best bar in town for beer selection.

They don't even carry BMC. I think the most commercial beer they sell is Sam Adams and Guinness. About a 6 page beer list and around 46 draft beers from Chimay triple to Great Divide Yeti to St. Bernardus 12 to god knows what else. (Supposedly soon to have dogfish head 60, 90, and maybe 120). Also hundreds of bottles to choose from. They may eventually also double their draft list to over 90 some odd beers.

Great place with great staff and AMAZING food. Try the J. Clyde burger with a fried green tomato and sweet potato fries or the veggie boxty (add some seasoned beef...) smothered in asiago sauce.

Let me know if you're in town and I will buy you a pint!

Went to Birmingham last week; that place was pretty awesome, I must say. Didnt think to look for suggestions here. I was like a kid in a candy store. The high gravity beer laws just changed there and J Clydes gets awesome beers that we just dont see in Texas.

My ex-girlfriend lived on 21st way south right around the corner, we ventured over to J Clyde all the time. Great selection and just a really cool place to hang out and hear some live music occasionally. Along with a great beer list, I recall that they also know how to actually make a cocktail.

While we are on the subject of B-ham bars, don't forget to venture around the corner to Marty's when everyone else closes up at 2. Some would say a dive, I would say a very classy establishment!

Back