building my Fermintation chamber tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Reaction score
I have everything gathered. Oak cabinet, space heater, wiring, thermostat, styrofoam for insulation.

Does anyone have any tips or insight. Somthing you did and wished you didn't or something you wish you had though of but Didn't

Thanks..

Bill

I bought a very cheap thermostat for my first rig and regretted that. It had at least a 6 degree temperature swing and was not presice to set. It worked ok, but took a lot of fiddling to get it dialed in.

So, if you havent' already, I would go for a good programmable temp controller like the Ranco if you can afford it.

I bought a very cheap thermostat for my first rig and regretted that. It had at least a 6 degree temperature swing and was not presice to set. It worked ok, but took a lot of fiddling to get it dialed in.

So, if you havent' already, I would go for a good programmable temp controller like the Ranco if you can afford it.

Don't the programmable controllers need 120v AC? If you're are using just 12v for the fan you have to use the manual thermostats.

Latest posts

Back