#@%$# hop shortage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I'm leaving for Ocean City on Thursday and we are planning a day at Dogfishhead Brewpub in Rehoboth Beach. It will be the highlight of the trip for me. We were there last year and loved the place and we were lucky enough to get to try the 90 minute through Randall. It was awesome. So, they do Randall on Monday and Friday so I just called to see what time they start and stop it so I can be there as long as possible on Friday. They told me that they won't be able to use Randall this week because they don't have any $@#$ hops! Oh the humanity.

Randal the enamel animal takes up to two pounds of whole leaf hops, I would think you would have to put in at least a pound to make it taste right, don't drop $50 on such a waste of hops, when you can brew with them yourself.

Wow, they haven't gotten their 08 hops yet? Or maybe what they mean is "we only got enough hops to actually brew with?"

Great, no Randall and now it looks like the weather there is going to suck. At least they will still have great beer to sample.

Back