First bottle of first batch!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon

Reaction score
Ya'll,

My first batch has been in the bottles for only seven days...and got a little antsy last night - I just had to know if my first batch would be successful or not. And the verdict - SUCCESS!!!! :ban:

While it's definitely not an award winner, I was extremely pleased with the results - good carbonation, good color (though a lot darker than I expected for a pale ale), and good flavor - though I'm sure it will taste even better when it is aged longer.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked and ready to get crackin' on that second batch! :rockin:

Congratulations.
It is hard to wait on the first batch and now that I think about it I have a difficult time on the 20th. Make sure that you save some because in about 3 more weeks they will be that much better.

Congratulations. Who can resist sampling a bottle a little early on your early batches, especially the first. There's just too much anticipation. Besides that, its educational!

grats!

if it was an extract kit and not all grain, that's why its darker. the process of making extract causes darkening...you did everything right!

Back