keg problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beezee619

Reaction score
My keg is pouring nothing but foam and i cant figure it out i have just set my co2 up for two kegs and every since i did i have had this problem i have let all the pressure out and put about 3 lbs back in and i can't figure it out all i want is to pour a glass of beer! !!!!!! Any advice?

How long is the line between the keg and the tap? Shorter line = more foam.

How did you carbonate the beer? It could be that it's just plain too much CO2 in solution.

I had a keg that was overcarbonated recently. To resolve the issue, I simply turned off the manifold feed to that keg (you can also disconnect the QD if that's easy) then pulled the relief ring 2-3 times a day for a few days. Eventually it stabilized in my desired carbonation range. At that time, I put it back onto the gas and it's been good ever since.

If you take both beer and co2 lines off the keg and then turn off air and hook your co2 line to beer out side of keg. set pressure to about 10 psi and turn on co2 valve and you will hear it bubble inside keg then it will stop. Pull relief valve and let some co2 out and let it bubble again. Turn off valve and hook your keg back normal and pull a beer off will be foamy but then after that one you should be good to go. If you go to YouTube and look up jakecpunut he has a video where he shows you how to do this.

Good luck

Tom

I force carbonated. Dont think i over carbonated cause beer was perfect until i set up for two kegs

So, you had one keg already carbed up and pouring fine and then you added another keg in line? Can you run through the steps you took? I'm wondering if you cranked up the pressure temporarily to force carb the other keg and forgot to turn off the gas to your first keg.

Thanks for all the advice i got it figured out, all i did was drain off the pressure then turned it up to about 20 psi like i have tried a few times already and it happened to work this time so i guess it must have been clogged, all that matters is i learned a lesson and im drinking good beer again. Thanx for the help everyone catch u on the flip side.

Back