Newbie with questions regarding the blichman beer gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacomaHomeBrew

Reaction score
O, I am wanting to get the blichman beer gun to easily bottle from my keg to store a few away and give some away on demand. What are the pros and cons of the beer gun? If I bottle it cold can I store it away in like my closet to let it further condition or does it not work that way since its been cold and kegged? Also, how long does the beer last if I use the beer gun? Thanks guys.

O, I am wanting to get the blichman beer gun to easily bottle from my keg to store a few away and give some away on demand. What are the pros and cons of the beer gun? If I bottle it cold can I store it away in like my closet to let it further condition or does it not work that way since its been cold and kegged? Also, how long does the beer last if I use the beer gun? Thanks guys.

The pros are it is a one handed operation. The cons are it might let more oxygen into the bottle prior to sealing that a counter-pressure filler, but still not as much as using a bottleing bucket.

As far as futher conditioning, if you are kegging the beer in a cold environment and using co2 to carb it up then you won't have any additional carbonation occuring after bottling. The flavor profile will change overtime depending on the type of beer you brewed. This "flavor melding" will occur in both the keg and the bottle.

The beer will last as long as normal bottling. Everything has a shelf life, but as long as you keep it from being exposed to oxygen and in a dark/cool place it will last for many years. Barleywines are fermented for months and left bottled for months/years before drinking.

Back