Kriek - Can I add Cherry without racking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marqoid

Reaction score
I have a lambic base that is going to become a Kriek, it has been in primary for ~6 weeks. I haven't taken the gravity, but all signs of fermentation are done. Now I am going to add cherry puree and allow a second fermentation. I have read that a lot of people will leave a lambic in the primary for several months. So would it be okay to go ahead and just pour my cherry puree into the primary without racking?
That way when the second fermentation was done I could rack straight to a keg for aging and would have little risk of oxidation.

Yes, it was fermented from the start with 100% Brett and I pitched the dregs from a couple bottles of cantillon gueuze after ~2weeks.

I modeled the recipe after Northern Brewer's Dawson Kriek, they say it can be done after 2-3 months. I wanted to get everything in there together and let it sit in a keg to slowly sour.

Back