Installing Homebrewtalk Sticker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountainbeers

Reaction score
So maybe the letter in the mail came with instructions but they have since been thrown away and all I have is this sticker. Do I need to get it wet or something? Help!

Well it's one of those 2 part stickers. And if it's as simple as just peeling twice then I got a dud because the letters are staying on the see through papery part.

Peel off the backing, stick on, peel off the cover. The cover is there to keep the letters aligned.

If the letters aren't sticking, you've either got a dud or the vehicle wasn't clean enough. You could try re-cleaning the area, then put the sticker on and rub really hard over the letters with the back of a spoon or a burnishing tool. Then peel.

ok, one of those...(I haven't done mine yet) Peel the back off and stick. Then peel the clear sticker off the front carefully so it doesn't pull the letters back off. The clear is tape to hold the individuals sticker together.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFadCDz-yKQ"]Here's a simple quick HowTo[/ame]

Actually this is the better way:

I do something similar, but use masking tape across the whole bottom of the decal as a hinge and I remove the whole backing. Their installation spray can be omitted and you can use water in a spray bottle with one drop of dish washing detergent added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually this is the better way:

I do something similar, but use masking tape across the whole bottom of the decal as a hinge and I remove the whole backing. Their installation spray can be omitted and you can use water in a spray bottle with one drop of dish washing detergent added.

I know there are better methods, I was just trying to illustrate the basic steps for using that type of decal and that was the first video that popped up in youtube. But yes, your method will provide a better, straighter application.

Back