Now I REALLY feel old

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know your old when you go to see the doctor for a bad cough, and all he wants to do is poke his finger up your ass. And he won't even buy you dinner first!! :(

I started feeling old when I saw professional athletes my age become "over the hill" and then "retired." I need to start watching more baseball, I suppose; Jamie Moyers makes me feel better about myself!

I started feeling old when I saw professional athletes my age become "over the hill" and then "retired." I need to start watching more baseball, I suppose; Jamie Moyers makes me feel better about myself!

Brett Favre is my age and still play football, so im hanging on by a thread.:(

+1 I mention pro athletes I went to school with to my kids and they're like "who??" Takes all the fun out of it. :)

I played baseball and hockey growing up against Tom Glavine. Now he's looked upon as a broken down dinosaur. He's maybe 2 years older than me.

Ugh.

Most of the college athletes I cover now were born while I was in college or shortly after I graduated.

The only thing keeping me from moving into the old folks home is my second grader. Damn, I am going to be one of those weird old dads at his graduation.

I commented how Obama was younger then me and both my boys laughed at me.

I tell you, back when I was a kid we knew how to treat our elders...

I went to school with Joe Montana, he retired, his replacement retired and his replacement is near retirement. I'm old

You know you are old when most of the mail in your box comes from AARP............:(

or you go to the doctor, and he is using a Fischer-Price I want to be a doctor kit.............:confused::confused::confused:

You know your old when you go to see the doctor for a bad cough, and all he wants to do is poke his finger up your ass. And he won't even buy you dinner first!! :(

That wasn't a finger.

My SWMBO keeps getting mail from AARP. She's in her mid 30's! She gets all kinds of interesting junkmail that even my mom would think is for 'old people'. Although I did see she got a mailer for those mark carts old people drive in the grocery store. She refused to fill out the paperwork to get one though :(

It's strange when I hear "5+ year veteran" and I graduated high school the year before them. creepy.

It may have been a buddy playing a joke- but I got a FREE ADULT DIAPER with my junk mail... An actual folded one in the box! WTF?

I've spoken of this to no one, and no one has owned up to it.... Bring it on AARP!

You know you're old when the bartender cards you and you say, "I'm older than your mother." and you're right.

On there other hand, getting carded by a female 20-something at 56 isn't a bad thing.:D

You know you're old when the bartender cards you and you say, "I'm older than your mother." and you're right.

On there other hand, getting carded by a female 20-something at 56 isn't a bad thing.:D

DOn't get too excited David...if you asked the lovely 20 something WHY she carded you....She'd answer "WE CARD EVERYONE." It's more a tribute to her dedication as an employee than your uberstudliness (which I'm sure you have being a homebrewer and all :D) and youthful look...

Hooters is notorious for this...They made my best friend's 52 year old wife go back to the car to get her ID the last time we were there.

But If you're like me, then you'll complete ignore the above and maintain you delusion....I do often. :D

That wasn't a finger.

My SWMBO keeps getting mail from AARP. She's in her mid 30's! She gets all kinds of interesting junkmail that even my mom would think is for 'old people'. Although I did see she got a mailer for those mark carts old people drive in the grocery store. She refused to fill out the paperwork to get one though :(
when did you get another swmbo evil? didn't you learn nothin?
DOn't get too excited David...if you asked the lovely 20 something WHY she carded you....She'd answer "WE CARD EVERYONE." It's more a tribute to her dedication as an employee than your uberstudliness (which I'm sure you have being a homebrewer and all :D) and youthful look...

Hooters is notorious for this...They made my best friend's 52 year old wife go back to the car to get her ID the last time we were there.

But If you're like me, then you'll complete ignore the above and maintain you delusion....I do often. :D

what are you doin in hooters ya old man!

It may have been a buddy playing a joke- but I got a FREE ADULT DIAPER with my junk mail... An actual folded one in the box! WTF?

I've spoken of this to no one, and no one has owned up to it.... Bring it on AARP!

Save it for playoffs! Just move the beer fridge next to the couch and put some plastic down in case it doesn't come with Leak-Guard.

Back