DVD Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK...The Kids need a DVD player for the car for Christmas. I'm looking at the Nextar dual screen unit that hangs on the back of the seats. I'm looking for negative feedback here....I don't want anyone telling me how great their $1000 Sony is. I'm Poor White Trash Here...want to keep things on my level if possible.

Thanks guys and gals.

OK...The Kids need a DVD player for the car for Christmas. I'm looking at the Nextar dual screen unit that hangs on the back of the seats. I'm looking for negative feedback here....I don't want anyone telling me how great their $1000 Sony is. I'm Poor White Trash Here...want to keep things on my level if possible.

Thanks guys and gals.

NEED ??? hmmm.

Okay okay, then it's a justifiable purchase. Sorry, no insight on those devises though. Even though I'm somewhat of a techie, one those would be an awful investment for me.

OK...Ok...So SWMBO and I NEED to have a DVD player to shut the kids up...The damn grandparents wont' let us dope the kids for rides....I say better parenting through better chemistry...but they're not having it.

:D But I'm sure the kids have allergies and could use some Benadryl ;)

I have a cheap a$$ white trash Digital labs brand portable dvd player that I paid 50 bucks for last year on one the friday after turkey day sales at some big box store that I'm too drunk to recall which.

And it works great for lying in bed watching movies...and occasionally I borrow an LCD projector from work and hook it up to my little dvdplayer to project movies on my 12 foot high loft walls...And it looks great!!!

The point being, having worked most of my life in television/video production, I've found that Digital is digital, you don't really need to drop big bucks on a dvd player, especially if it's gonna be strapped on the back of your car seat so your wee bairns can watch disney videos while you haul their asses to one god forsaken historical landmark that you think is cool, but they think is boring, after another.....

Just go to your local grocery store and buy two of whatever cheap ass portable DVD players they have on sale next to the charcoal grills...the one's for 35 bucks apiece, make sure they have headset outs (most do nowadays) so you don't have to hear their brainwashing signals...if they don't have the back of the seat hangers included...just get a roll of velcro and play mcgyver....unless your kids are cineophiles, they won't notice any loss of digital fidelity in their Barney episodes....

Save the extra scratch on some big name portable dvd players...for brewing!!!

Abd if they wanna watch the same movie, hit radio shack for one of those mini headphone splitter jacks so they can each plug their headphones on...they run less than 5 bucks.

I'm just watching my brewin brotha's back here :D

You'll prolly kill me knowing that I'm druck on Bud American Ale, which is now on tap at my neighborhood post hockey game sports bar for a whopping 2 bucks a pint....and surprising taste awesome on tap....But forget about this breach of EAC-ness...and trust me on the DVD tip...I started working for TV stations and video production companies when I was 16...so despite being druk on cheap a$$ed wannabe micro brew knockoff from the dreaded macros....I know video!!!

:mug:

(somehow I know this screed is gonna end up on the memorable quote's thread....But who cares...I'll be doing bed spins on a 10 dollar BMC druck tonight, to make up for the fact that my hockey team got their asses handed to them.)

Night y'all.....

:D

*burp*

I picked up on of these last year and it works great. I'm going to get a second for my daughter.

I just bungie cord it to the head rest works perfectly

Back