Triangle Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruy Lopez

Reaction score
Anyone in the Triangle area interested in forming a regular Brewing/Drinking Organization? Nothing too formal or Nazified, but a regular meeting to consume, discuss, trade homebrew; organize bulk ingredient orders; swap yeast; maybe try to organize lectures and what not.

Or are you guys already doing this?

I was up at Horniblow's last night. Thinking we should find a night to meet up there for a few pitchers to talk about it.

Your idea sounds a lot like GRABASS, but I don't think we casn set up something that is guaranteed to be "regular" in schedule.

I think the only people you'll find in the Raleigh area that are going to be quick to jump into group tasting/brewing/bullsh1tting sessions are those of that are in GRABASS, and we just get together when it works for us.

The current thing being kicked around is a group brew session, but we don't have a lot of details yet.

We'll make sure to invite you to whatever 'events' we have going on, and if you have suggestions for activities, post them here. If you stick "GRABASS" in the subject, you'll get the attention of the proper folks.

-walker

Sounds good.

Brewing this weekend. though it looks like it might be another weekend of brewing in the rain. I was sparging in a thunderstorm the weekend before last. Crazy.

I did my Hefe2.0 in that weekend downpour a few weeks ago...I actually kind of liked it because I didn't feel guilty about not working in the yard or going anywhere with SWMBO. I kind of like sitting in the garage while it's raining, too.

There are a couple of organized clubs in the area that do a lot of what you're talking about...you may want to check them out. GRABASS is more of a rogue alliance from this board...we have done some tours and the beer fest last weekend, however.

Ruy Lopez said:
We were under a tarp. Metal polls and all. (Safety first.)
I had my hair raised on a ballfield once, and a couple years ago got a sharp shock from my umbrella (nearby lightpole was struck in a freak March thunderstorm), so I'm pretty damn careful these days! I scram like an old gunshy black lab we used to have when I hear thunder these days.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't happy about it. There was nothing we could do. We had just started sparging when that storm moved in. Death somehow seemed second on the list. Can you imagine the obituary?

Back