Should I go ahead and bottle it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhys

Reaction score
First batch in the Mr. Beer (simplistic little POS). It's been in for a full 7 days at 60-65 degrees, I was figuring on giving it 14. I've checked on it each day and for the last 3 days the amound of foam on the top of the beer has been decreasing. This evening there is nothing on top. I pulled a small sample and tried it. There is no sweetness, no off flavor it tastes like flat beer. I'm thinking they just put a bakers yeast in the kits as the aroma is that of bread dough. Would I gain anything leaving it another week, or should I go ahead and bottle it in a day or so?

W/o a hydrometer reading I would let it go another wk.Be patient go buy some beer in bottles you can re-cap and drink them.

I go from kettle to bottle pretty quickly, but even I won't bottle after only a week. Get a hydrometer and learn how to use it. Give any beer at least 14 days before bottling. 21-30+ days may often be warranted.

I bottled every Mr. Beer batch I did at 14 days with no problems. They are probably finished after 1 week, but it's safer to wait 2, and the beer will taste better, too.

Back