Periodic table of beer styles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just happened to find it and thought it was cool. It would make an awesome poster above my brewing table.

It is very cool and it does include almost ever style i have heard of and it tickles my fancy as a ChemE but it appears to me that the arrangement of these beers could have been better. I mean in the last column(where the noble gases go) the doppelbock is above the traditional bock. The same dilemma with the belgains. That doesnt seem right to me. The columns seem to be based solely on color.

I dont have any better ideas, perhaps delta SG, or abv.

Regardless it is still badass and for one penny from amazon i am definetly buying one.

Yet another person who deosn't know what colour 60/- is, was my first thought.

The British style groups are all wrong: Mild Ale, Old Ale, Scotch Ale and Barley Wine should all be in the same group.

The Lagers seem to have grouped totally randomly and, if you're being picky, miss out around a dozen styles. Where are the three types of Märzen?

Pale Ale, IPA, the Bitters, 70/- and 80/- should all be in a single group.

Mild isn't a Brown Ale. Otherwise how could Light Mild exist. And why both Imperial Stout and Russian Imperial Stout?

Lumping Berliner Weisse with other German wheat beers is ridiculous. It would be more at home with the Lambics.

Apart from that it's pretty good.

Yet another person who deosn't know what colour 60/- is, was my first thought.

The British style groups are all wrong: Mild Ale, Old Ale, Scotch Ale and Barley Wine should all be in the same group.

The Lagers seem to have grouped totally randomly and, if you're being picky, miss out around a dozen styles. Where are the three types of Märzen?

Pale Ale, IPA, the Bitters, 70/- and 80/- should all be in a single group.

Mild isn't a Brown Ale. Otherwise how could Light Mild exist. And why both Imperial Stout and Russian Imperial Stout?

Lumping Berliner Weisse with other German wheat beers is ridiculous. It would be more at home with the Lambics.

Apart from that it's pretty good.

Don't use my link, the other ones that go to amazon have a nicer looking version. I can't zoom in to see exactly what it looks like but for $0.01 +shipping, I'll find that out when I get it.

Back