Really stupid star san question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogger42

Reaction score
Is there a trick to filling up the small cup? For the life of me I can't get fluid into it...

Loosen the cap above the chamber a little bit to break the air lock (keep the other cap tightly closed). Then squeeze slowly and the chamber should fill...

Cheers!

You should just have to remove the cap to allow air to escape and squeeze it until the desired amount fills the cup.

You will need 2 paperclips, some duct tap and to loosen the cap over the measuring chamber.

Frogger42 said:
Is there a trick to filling up the small cup? For the life of me I can't get fluid into it...

Same thing happened to me the first time I used it. Day tripper is right.

What? You forgot to buy a mini auto-siphon to transfer from one chamber to the other?

Sorry, had to. You're answer is above.

Cheers!

I use Iodophor so this may not apply but I stole a syringe from my daughter's toddler medicine to measure out really small liquid volumes, it works great. Naturally, I didn't put the syringe back in the medicine cabinet, but in my brewing gear.

I have not done the conversion... obviously. BUT, what is the amount of star san to use in a 1 gallon batch?

Edit... Nevermind. 0.4 oz per gallon. duh!

I have not done the conversion... obviously. BUT, what is the amount of star san to use in a 1 gallon batch?

Edit... Nevermind. 0.4 oz per gallon. duh!

It would be 0.2 oz, actually. It's 1 oz for 5 gallons. That would also equal out to being just shy of half a tablespoon.

Back