New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stout
20200119_174741.jpeg

I failed at my first Dark Mild attempt. Came out watery which I believe is pretty common mistake for the style.

I had sort of the opposite happen. My fermentation quit at 1.020 giving me a little above 2% alcohol and a decent bit of residual sweetness. I’ve learned my lessons and am looking at trying another real soon.

Did yours over-attenuate?

Sorry for the folks that have seen me post this beer in the other threads, but when you brew a new style and only need to make minor adjustments, it’s exciting lol.

Hb Triple NEIPA Featuring Riwaka, Nelson, Citra, and Columbus at 10.5%
View attachment 664089

I definitely don’t mind to gaze at that glorious haze. It definitely gives me motivation to work on one myself. Congrats on that masterpiece. Does it taste as good as it looks?

Sorry for the folks that have seen me post this beer in the other threads, but when you brew a new style and only need to make minor adjustments, it’s exciting lol.

View attachment 664089

I am detecting a distinct trend here. Maybe we need a new thread: "Beers in Great Peril!"

I definitely don’t mind to gaze at that glorious haze. It definitely gives me motivation to work on one myself. Congrats on that masterpiece. Does it taste as good as it looks?
It really does, I would rather drink this than 99 percent of commercial versions. The hops pop, the booze is practically nonexistent in the flavor, and it’s soft as hell. A few adjustments and I’d put it again the top 1%
I am detecting a distinct trend here. Maybe we need a new thread: "Beers in Great Peril!"
Oh great beer master of knowledge, I apologize for brewing a variation of one of the 3 most popular beer styles in the world currently. Beer must be in peril since it is evolving into new styles and reaching a broader audience. Oh the horror.

Oh and btw since you started drinking beer, woman have gained the right to vote, we are no longer segregated in schools by race, and same sex couples can be legally married. What has this world become since your 18th birthday....

View attachment 664089

That's as strong as the barleywine I have on tap right now haha!

It really does, I would rather drink this than 99 percent of commercial versions. The hops pop, the booze is practically nonexistent in the flavor, and it’s soft as hell. A few adjustments and I’d put it again the top 1%

Oh great beer master of knowledge, I apologize for brewing a variation of one of the 3 most popular beer styles in the world currently. Beer must be in peril since it is evolving into new styles and reaching a broader audience. Oh the horror.

Oh and btw since you started drinking beer, woman have gained the right to vote, we are no longer segregated in schools by race, and same sex couples can be legally married. What has this world become since your 18th birthday....

Uh, not sure what you're on about, as I was referring to your PIC (this IS a thread about pics), and this great looking beer perched on a sofa's soft arm next to a cat(!), as well as such pics as in posts #3844, 3852, etc. It was a joke, not a comment on your brewing choices -- wrong "peril". But I do appreciate your great sensitivity for and misguided ranting about SJ issues.

Uh, not sure what you're on about, as I was referring to your PIC (this IS a thread about pics), and this great looking beer perched on a sofa's soft arm next to a cat(!), as well as such pics as in posts #3844, 3852, etc. It was a joke, not a comment on your brewing choices -- wrong "peril". But I do appreciate your great sensitivity for and misguided ranting about SJ issues.
my bad man. Had a bad day and then I thought you were saying “beer” is in peril because of the newer beers coming out like they are ruining beer. Totally my fault for reading that way off base. I genuinely apologize

my bad man. Had a bad day and then I thought you were saying “beer” is in peril because of the newer beers coming out like they are ruining beer. Totally my fault for reading that way off base. I genuinely apologize

No prob. appreciate the post. Wish I could share one of those delicious looking triple NEIPAs with ya, tho!

Mostly, yes, Galaxy plays the lead, supported by Chinook and Amarillo.
A "post-lupulin shift" recipe, I crave the bite that both Galaxy and Chinook give while still playing in the neipa sandbox :)

Cheers!

Hotel beer

Adjustments.JPG

Damn, wrong thread. Had a few too many prior to this one.

Last edited:
@Cavpilot2000 , what kind of glassware are you using to serve your kellerbier? It's really cool.
Thanks! I love it too.
It's a mug I got at Brauerei Kundmuller in the little Franconian town of Weiherer. It's one of my favorite German breweries. It's about the diameter of a beer can and twice as tall, holding a standard German half liter.
It has the brewery's logo in white, but you obviously can't see that from this angle.

And the best part: at the brewery it only cost about 2 Euros.

Sigh. I'm guessing that it's not available on Amazon, then...

It reminds me a bit of a Kolsch glass (called a stange), only with a handle and a slightly flared base. Cool.

Back