which boiler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citizen

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a boiler but am unsure of which would be the best. I have heard that the thermostat on the Bruheat and Thorne Electrim boilers are not very reliable and the heat range settings do not work too good. Would a boiler with only a heating element in it and no thermostat be just as good?

Thanks for any info.

citizen.

the Bayou Classics are always a good and popular choice. I have the SP10 and love it. Another popular (but a bit more expensive) burner is the Bayou Classic KAB4.
These are both high pressure burners (150,000 + BTU's).

It really depends on your setup and how big your batches are going to be. If you would like the ability to do 10 gallon boils, I would suggest a high pressure burner like the ones above.

FYI, a common keg (keggle) does not quite fit on the SP10, I have to lay my bbq grate over the top of it, then my keggle on top of that. Other burners have the diameter to hold a keggle better.

Hmm, don't know of that one residing here in the UK. The only boilers I have found are the one's I have mentioned. There are conical lauter mash tuns but I am not going to pay £350+ for one. I may do once I get myself up and running and making some nice beers. Thank you for the info though, I will have a scout around and see if there are any here in the UK.

Cheers

citizen.

Citizen, I mis-understood your question. I thought you were talking about a burner (your heat source).

Carry on

Back