Ughh! Lost the innner seal on my RM cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stile

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a substitute for the inner seal on the Rubbermaid round coolers. I seem to have misplaced mine and i'm trying to convert it into a mash tun.

Look for a rubber washer, or some other kind of waterproof food safe rubber you can cut to fit. Look around the house...I almost cut up a rubber jar-opener pad.

I used a bigger bulkhead fitting I got from morebeer and I used hole saws to make the hole bigger and to cut the relief in the outer plastic. The fitting comes with it's own washers and has 1/2 pipe internal threads on inside and outside of the fitting. I also used their stainless false bottom. It works fantastic.
bulkhead.bmp

Does anyone know of a substitute for the inner seal on the Rubbermaid round coolers. I seem to have misplaced mine and i'm trying to convert it into a mash tun.

go to lowes and pick up some rubber washers or go to a store that sells RM coolers and jack the seal from one haha j/k

Back