2 Kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper1917

Reaction score
So two more keggiing questions - I dont have a fridget yet but got anxius to do soemthing with my new kegs - so I sanitized them - then sealed them with 10 psi of c02 - im asuming it is ok to sanitize them in advance of when im going to fill them - or am i wrong?

Secondly i need to make some room in my carboys - is it ok to transfer my beer to a keg at room temprature - purge the air and seal it with 10psi of co2 - and just let it sit for a couple weeks til im eady to carbonate it? I just wanna get another brew ging so i have a steady flow from carboys to kegs. I like to let my beer age for 3-4 weeks in bottles before i drink em - so i figure i wanna dot he same int he kegs before i drink em to let the taste 'blend' as i call it?

Anything wrong with these methods?

A lot of brewers just leave a little star san in the keg after they clean it. Just hook up a picnic tap and squirt it out right before you rack to it.

Go ahead, conditioning in the keg works great. I would use more pressure to seal the keg, I use 30psi to make sure I get a good seal.

Back