Fruit Beer Peach Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primary: 5 days @ 65
Secondary: At least 7 days @ 65
When racking from secondary to keg allow some (LITTLE) sediment to transfer. After bottling, rouse yeast to bring out best flavor when pouring.

So I wanted a Peach wheat type beer because I can't help but think its tastey, but I didn't want a weak wheat beer. So more fermentables are required and why not let fly a little honey to the wheat beer recipe and then rack on top of peach puree for the homerun? ... right?

This beer took 1st place for fruit beer at the 26th annual KC Biermeisters competition.

Ingrediants:
Alexander's Wheat extract 7lbs
Honey (Not sure the style, gift from Mom) 2lbs
1 can (3lbs) Oregon Peach Puree

HOPS: 1.5 oz tettnanger boiling (3.4 AAU) for 45 & .5 oz Kent Goldings aroma (~5AAU) for the last 5 mins

Misc:
1/2 tsp of Irish Moss for last 20 minutes of boil.

Boil your water, pour in extracts (including honey, and yes I know it doesn't add honey flavor when you boil it) and follow hops schedule. My OG turned out low because my dumb self forgot to stir up the mix before drawing the sample, capping with the airlock, and moving it downstairs only to come back and .. "DOH!" but according to promash its OG should be about 1.069. I plan to rack into secondary after day 5 and add the peach puree and let sit for a few weeks before racking to a keg.

EDIT:
After 10 days I racked to secondary with a gravity of 1.010 on top of the peach puree. The sample I drew tasted just fine, but I did notice the secondary rack on top of the puree started another 'bout of fermentation so heads up!

Can't wait for this to come out of secondary to the keg so I can sample into the final step!

EDIT: Final Results and Tasting

After 7 days when the second fermentation subsided I racked off of the puree and into the keg. I force carbed by doing 12 PSI and shaking the keg while counting to 100. Upped the pressure to 30 PSI, gave the keg a quick few shakes and then let sit for 2 days before dialing the pressure back down to 12 PSI for serving.

This beer turned out very well rounded and balanced. The Peach flavor came out very well, and the added sugars from the honey really punched in the ABV. My only complaint has been that I didn't bring enough and to make more.

:mug:

Would you suggest doing anything different for bottling? Thanks for the info fairly new in brewing.

Primary: 5 days @ 65

Secondary: At least 7 days @ 65

When racking from secondary to keg allow some (LITTLE) sediment to transfer. After bottling, rouse yeast to bring out best flavor when pouring.

So I wanted a Peach wheat type beer because I can't help but think its tastey, but I didn't want a weak wheat beer. So more fermentables are required and why not let fly a little honey to the wheat beer recipe and then rack on top of peach puree for the homerun? ... right?

This beer took 1st place for fruit beer at the 26th annual KC Biermeisters competition.

Ingrediants:

Alexander's Wheat extract 7lbs

Honey (Not sure the style, gift from Mom) 2lbs

1 can (3lbs) Oregon Peach Puree

HOPS: 1.5 oz tettnanger boiling (3.4 AAU) for 45 & .5 oz Kent Goldings aroma (~5AAU) for the last 5 mins

Misc:

1/2 tsp of Irish Moss for last 20 minutes of boil.

Boil your water, pour in extracts (including honey, and yes I know it doesn't add honey flavor when you boil it) and follow hops schedule. My OG turned out low because my dumb self forgot to stir up the mix before drawing the sample, capping with the airlock, and moving it downstairs only to come back and .. "DOH!" but according to promash its OG should be about 1.069. I plan to rack into secondary after day 5 and add the peach puree and let sit for a few weeks before racking to a keg.

EDIT:

After 10 days I racked to secondary with a gravity of 1.010 on top of the peach puree. The sample I drew tasted just fine, but I did notice the secondary rack on top of the puree started another 'bout of fermentation so heads up!

Can't wait for this to come out of secondary to the keg so I can sample into the final step!

EDIT: Final Results and Tasting

After 7 days when the second fermentation subsided I racked off of the puree and into the keg. I force carbed by doing 12 PSI and shaking the keg while counting to 100. Upped the pressure to 30 PSI, gave the keg a quick few shakes and then let sit for 2 days before dialing the pressure back down to 12 PSI for serving.

This beer turned out very well rounded and balanced. The Peach flavor came out very well, and the added sugars from the honey really punched in the ABV. My only complaint has been that I didn't bring enough and to make more.

:mug:

What type of yeast did you use and you use a starter?

Brewing this over the weekend! I had to make a change due to availability. I am just doing 6# wheat lme, 2# honey, same hop schedule and pitching us 05. Will still be adding the 3# peach puree.

There's enough sweetness you could carb with healthy yeast and cold crash a keg to prime. ALWAYS check your fermentation carefully before bottling, after a few batches you should learn to bottle and naturally finish with what's left to clean up.

I really wish i could edit this recipe to fix so many errors. I'll come back to this post in a couple weeks i hope.

I'm glad to see this recipe carry on.
Few notes:
Wyeast 1010
Ferment at 65f
Dark clover honey
I added 2.5 gallons tap water to my 3 gallons of concentrated wort post boil but immediately pitched at temp.
At temp means the yeast are at the temperature you're pitching into the wort.

Take care of your yeast.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I made a 12 gallon batch of this and split it in two fermenters. did not leave enough room for it to ferment and that crazy 1010 yeast blew the lid off one fermenter.The other fermenter shows no action. Really strange

If my peach trees produce (despite really awful leaf curl this year) this will be on the schedule.

I'm making this for my nephews' graduation party. it is country themed so going to go with 5 gallons on peaches. Unsure about the other 5 gallons, thinking blue berry but might do a berry mix (blue,black,rasp) Thoughts? I also cut the abv since it is a family party. Don't want to serve 7% abv

Could this be considered a clone to RJ Rockers Son of a peach?

Latest posts

Back