It's Hump Day...what are you doing brewing related?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
So I've been off the actual brewing wagon for a bit...growing hops, trying to finish 3 keggles, working, then now finding a job etc. Since I've spent so much time on here, I decided to bite the bullet and do brew stuff.

Last night, I got all of the keggles ready for Mr. Tig, and today I went to Annapolis Homebrew and got 1007 German Ale yeast for our big brew day on saturday (these things are becoming regular, I like that) as well as a Munich Helles Lite kit, just because I want something to do as soon as the keggles are done.

I got dry yeast to re-pitch on my 7 month Dubbel that's still in the primary so I can bottle that, and same for my Apfelwein. I have to make starters for Saturday's Big Brew, as well as re-organize my stuff, and build a CFC.

I have a lot on my plate, who else is tinkering today/tonight?

Does drinking homebrew count? How about drinking homebrew whilst playin with my balls?

Isn't that what Wednesdays are for, anyway?

Does drinking homebrew count? How about drinking homebrew whilst playin with my balls?

Isn't that what Wednesdays are for, anyway?

That is an implied activity, hello? I can't wait to bottle that Dubbel, should be tastey

im waiting for someone to finish my keggle.......

2 hours of welding for all 3 and they are done

Did I mention we drew up plans for a custom burner stand? I'm going to upgrade my turkey fryer stand...gonna be sweet

Well I have a braggot that I was thinking of bottling, then decided not to. instead its going to get kegged. But I cant keg it till I move my kegerator to my new (yep to be found) apartment.. So I was going to to bottle my apfelwein, but I think I want to keg it also but I am running out of homebrew(less then a case) so I might just bottle it tomorrow(next three days off). So I washed 3 cases of saved dirty as hell bottles. Now doing a recipe for my first lager when I get into the new apartment.

I am wondering how my starter is doing for tomorrow nights first 10 gallon brew session. Also trying to figure out how close I should have my burner from the keggle, right now the gap is around at 5.25" and I did a test run last night and it took about 50 minutes to get tap water to 155. I think the burner is just too far away. Also trying to figure out what I am going to use to raise the keg to get it high enough so that I can gravity feed to my CFC.

so update...2 starters are done
dishwasher is running so I can get the dishes out so I have somewhere to put sanitized bottles
next up is dragging bottles from the celler up...mainly empties, but I'm bringing up some more HB.

I just found in my fridge (ok, I knew it was there) a Hefe from last summer...damn, it's better than last year!!! So of course more of that is coming up from the basement

Today is a good day...also took inventory of all of the "HB Stuff" that I have...holy smokes, once the keggles get here, it's gonna get nasty...10 gallon batches...awesome!

Brewed 5 gal yesterday from morebeer kit.
Went crabbing today, so having homebrew with crabs and 1st tomato out of the garden. I love NJ

Going to try tasting this:
DSCF6114.jpg

DSCF6115.jpg

Hopefully I don't die!
ohnoes.gif

What is that, a tapeworm :confused: :D

I just got through digging all the trenches in the brewpub down 16 in. to make way for the plumbing. That's brewing related.

2 starters done, bottled my SNPA Clone, and the bottling bucket it filling with my Dubbel....and my back is already bothering me...probably only going to get 10 gallons bottled today...I wanna sit and drink, not run around and drink.....

I *might* test the gravity of my pale ale that appears to have finished fermenting... if I'm not too lazy to dunk the sampler in the bucket of sanitizer... maybe test the Oktoberfest, too.

Nothing too exciting.

I helped a friend work on getting his bar remodeled so he can open in a week or two.

dude, you pussied out on bottling all 21 gals? pssssht.

yeah I did...half the problem was is I'm out of bottles, and I know that is totally not true...so I found the rest. I'll finish bottling later today.

Good news is the starters are off like wildfire, woot!

its a stir plate. to stir your starters.....

never figured out why people would make a starter tho!

Because we are cooler than yous! ;)

Well, you know for example for saturday, I'm basically going to double the yeast count so we spend less on yeast than we need to

Back