No Turkey Saturday but GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishpride42

Reaction score
So we went to Ashe county, NC to do some trout fishing and turkey hunting. Well Friday we fished for a few hours and did awesome...browns, brookies, and rainbows, biggest rainbow weighing in at 3.5 pounds! Saturday we heard the birds but the weather ended up shutting them down before we could get set up on them in the morning and no luck in the evening. Regardless the trip was excellent seeing it was me, my dad, my dad's friend who owned the farm, and my brother (which doesn't happen very often!) So we didn't think it could get any better, well much to my surprise I was wrong. The three of us are on our way home and my wife calls and at first I couldn't understand what she said and asked her to repeat it and then it hit me, she said "We are gonna have a baby" so yep gear up everyone I AM GONNA BE A DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited I can't stand it. So congrats to those of you who bagged a turkey I have yet to get my first and struck out again but you know I will take our first pregnancy over my first turkey anyday! I still have plenty of time this season to keep trying.....looks like my brewing may come to a screaching hault!

You sure its yours, cause you cant throw them back as easily! lol

Congrats! We are not "trying" but not making sure it doesnt happen.

Congrats! Being a dad has been alternately the single best and single scariest experience of my life.

MikeFlynn74: We did the same thing -- doctors weren't sure SWMBO could conceive, but six months of "not trying to not get pregnant" made for success.

Hearty congrats! I certainly agree that it was the best and scariest experience of my life. Miss those days ... sometimes.

They grow up and homebrew on their own so fast...

Congrats. Better get brewing and build up a supply. SWMBO will need it when she starts nursing. My wife would have one homebrew in the evening, and man, would the milk machine start cranking. Now my daughter is a state champion rower and my 13 year old boy is almost 6'2".

jds

Friends of ours tried for 14 years and finally adopted. When the adoption went through she found out she was pregnate.

Stress is a huge factor imo

Back