The Practical Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
anybody have the book called The Practical Brewer by the Master Brewers Association of the Americas? i was at Half Price Books in Houston today and they had a copy for $5 bucks, so i picked it up. looks like a college textbook w/ Fairfield Engineering stamped inside the cover. looked like a cool find :cool:

Is that the one with the chart in the front of the book that tells you which month to brew which style of beer?

I saw one in a bookstore once and I didn't buy it because that chart is the only thing I was interested in. I already have all the other info (as do most of us). I would just like that chart.:mad:

no, it's not that one. it's an old blue hard back, published in 1977. the 1st chapter is a chapter on the history of brewing in the Americas. it's more of a commercial brewing textbook that covers bottle/keg packaging, utilities engineering, and proces control along w/ the regular brewing topics. i didn't really need it, it just looked like a cool old book to have in the "library". and hell, for $5 i hated to leave it on the shelf!

Back