Quick Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIM_Tattoos

Reaction score
I made a batch of beer in a Mr.Beer kit like 4 months ago and finally got to bottling it last week and I I picked up first bottle of it and looked it and there are little white chunks foating on the surface or very close to. Any ideas? Just trub?

Hard call on that. Could be good or bad. Depending on the type of beer and as long as your temperature for the last four months was good you might have an OK batch. Smell it, taste it and if it seems OK, go ahead and bottle it.

McKBrew said:
Hard call on that. Could be good or bad. Depending on the type of beer and as long as your temperature for the last four months was good you might have an OK batch. Smell it, taste it and if it seems OK, go ahead and bottle it.

Already bottled

Yeah, the only way your going to find out is to taste some. If it's real sour or smells funky it's an infection. If not, enjoy your beer.

Barley-Davidson said:
Yeah, the only way your going to find out is to taste some. If it's real sour or smells funky it's an infection. If not, enjoy your beer.

I'm gonna try some now I'll let you guys know how it is

If it's 4 months old and there's stuff floating around, I'd smell and then dump it (if it smells bad).

After 4 months, especially if it's not cold, it should be close to crystal clear (unless it's a wheat beer and/or you had very low floc yeast).

Make another batch and bottle at the end of 2 weeks, let sit around for 2 weeks at 70 F +, then throw in the frig.

Back