Simcoe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
Is there anywhere that has simcoe hops in stock? My LBS is sold out, Northern, midwest, austin, are sold out, random searches on the web turn out every place I look are sold out. I've never used them but have come to the conclusion they must be the best thing since beer itself :D

Anyone have an inside lead where to buy an ounce from?

I ordered half a pound from Farmhouse brewing supply over the weekend and received notification today that it has shipped. I brewed up a Pliny clone using Magnum instead of Simcoe over the weekend because I couldn't find the Simcoe anywhere. Now I can use Simcoe for the dry hopping in a couple of weeks. Sweet!

I think Simcoe is a registered brand and only certain people can grow them.

I briefly looked at buying some rhizomes to plant, but it seems there is no source for them.

I should really put a lb. on my shopping list this year.

Yah Simcoe is trademarked and only grown by authorized growers. I cleaned my town out of Simcoe last month when i brewed up the Pliny the Elder clone. Man that is one good brew. I am planning to use the rest of the simcoe i have on hand in another IPA they are so good.

I knew I should have ordered some the other day. Looks like farmhouse is sold out. Rebel brewer has some, but it's twice the cost. I guess it's no more than my LHBS though.

I think rebel brewer has them on sale actually.

They may. I've noticed the stores around the cities have whole simcoe's, just no pellets. Brew & Grow in spring lake park has whole leaf simcoe's too. Good store, great people if ya ever get a chance, check them out. (I'm not affiliated, just the closest lhbs and a great one)

Latest posts

Back