No Wort Pump - Hoist Assisted Gravity Electric Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brieuxster

Reaction score
Build a brewing system without wort pumps?

I have seen lots of Three Keg ladder systems with multiple electrical or propane elements. Feel the need to be different, innovate, use what I have on hand, and get out of the kitchen. I would rather keep my feet on the ground and raise the mash tun / brew kettle on separate adjustable shelves designed to only go up with a load.

My idea is to use inspiration gathered from https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/simple-brewing-est-2009-build-147021/ the Twent-E2 . I have a pond pump for pumping cooling water through the immersion cooler. One 60 qt - 56 litre brew pot and a cooler mash tun 11" x 11" x 18", and massive "Junk-Yard War" resources.

I would like input on the methods of brewing possible. ( Yes I have a few dozen engineer types who will poke me with a stick until the mechanical / electrical design is completely safe. )

Back