Calling All Penn State Fans!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVKTR2

Reaction score
Alabama fan here and I've got a question. How do you like your chances in Tuscaloosa Alabama on Sept. 11th?

I've got it at 32-20, the good guys of course!

There's certainly a bit of uncertainty in Tuscaloosa with the best offensive and best defensive players possibly not being available for the game (Marcel Dareus & Mark Ingram). However given depth it looks like Alabama should still pull this out. I've been saying for months the score would be Bama 30-35 & PSU 17-24. This could be changing a little bit though. PSU has to win on the road with questions at OT & apparently starting a true freshman at QB. However Alabama which plays 5 DBs the majority of the time will have 4 new DBs in those 5 spots, this is the soft belly of this Alabama Team. That and having to replace all the key special teams players; PR, KR, kicker, & punter. Replacing the KR & PR worry me much less than kicker & punter. I don't expect this to come back to haunt the team unless the chips are down and a freshman kicker has to make a kick to win a game... just don't know how that's gonna go!

So there are lots of questions on both sides. Both Ds should be top 15 units but Bama gets the edge because of the offensive side of the ball and in general how the chips are falling with a PSU having a new QB on the road in a tough environment against a very complex defense. Then again there's a reason they play the games!

Schlante & Roll Tide,
Phillip

Who else is going to be attending the game? I know I will! Thank you student tickets, 35$ total for every home game. Lets just hope this season goes as well as last year.

I'll be at the game in November when you roll into C-BUS. Prepare early - it may be a LONG day for the Nittany Lione and Joe Pa!! :rockin:

So I just got back from the Alabama vs San Jose state game, 48-3. Good start to the season, but I had to leave in the 3rd because a friend of mine was arrested and a friend of his sent to the hospital. Thats what happens when an underage guy gets a hold of 10 (yes TEN) mini bottles of jack daniels and tapes them to his leg. He drank ALL of them before the half and was blacked out by the third. Medical teams spotted him and hauled him out in an ambulance and my friend (who is also underage and did NOT supply the liquour) was arrested for trying to help the kid sober up. Cops assumed he was drunk because he has a stutter, and promptly arrested him claiming they smelled alcohol on his breath and that he was drunk in public. So I am a little PO'd but it was otherwise a good game.

As another PSU grad I'll pick PSU hands down against anyone. Everyone has there good days right. :)

We bleed blue and white.

Buckeye fan here:rockin:, that being said I hope Penn State puts a hurting on them tonight.

Hmmm... seems the 'winningest' coach had a tough time tonight.. I guess it could have been worse given the circumstances.
Better luck next time guys. :mug:

I'm dissapointed in my team. Looked like a highschool team last night with the dumb turnovers. Chalk one up for inexperience.

I actually didn't get to listen to much of the game, but read about it the next day in the paper. The stat's show a pretty close games except for the turnovers. I'd say chalk it up to a young team.

17 first downs against the #1 team is pretty impressive. Shows there is some vulnerability. I'm sure Bama's future opponents will be taking a good look at the game film. PSU was able to move the ball, just couldn't seal the deal - again youth.

Game stats

It's all about 2 things.

Turnovers (4).
And Passing Yards (avg 5/completion)

You need to be able to pass the ball when you need and not throw 3 INTs and be able to do something other than 5yd hitch/flare passes.

You can't stop Bama's offense, so your only option is to exploit the defense and try to score more points than they do (which isn't an easy task).

I was impressed/happy with the way Robert Bolden played. He didn't win the game, he didn't throw any TD's and he was picked off twice but for the 18 year old to stand in the very intimidating Bryant-Denny Stadium and tough it out says something to me. It will be fun to watch him develop.

I was impressed/happy with the way Robert Bolden played. He didn't win the game, he didn't throw any TD's and he was picked off twice but for the 18 year old to stand in the very intimidating Bryant-Denny Stadium and tough it out says something to me. It will be fun to watch him develop.

I agree. Unfortunately for our seniors this is going to be a development year. National Champions 2012 here we come!

I actually didn't get to listen to much of the game, but read about it the next day in the paper. The stat's show a pretty close games except for the turnovers. I'd say chalk it up to a young team.

17 first downs against the #1 team is pretty impressive. Shows there is some vulnerability. I'm sure Bama's future opponents will be taking a good look at the game film. PSU was able to move the ball, just couldn't seal the deal - again youth.

Game stats

I dont disagree. Both teams were working with some veeery green freshmen. But, even last year our defence was not much better than this year from what I've seen. I was excited to see how trent richardson was playing, but I get annoyed seeing one person given the ball so many plays back to back. The same happened last year with Ingram, but then again if they hadn't done that with him he may not have won the heisman. I'll be looking forward to the next game once Ingram is back on the field.

Back