American cream ale,just another light beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
I just bought a brewers best american cream ale.what does it taste like.is it just another lite beer i could buy off the shelf.i also switched out the yeast for white labs wlpo29, was that a good idea?

It should have a little more body than "lite beer" But it should be crisp and easy to drink. I dont think switching out the yeast would change anything that much. Good luck.

That was my first kit and I was happy for the results. I was expecting a little more flavor and body, but overall I thought it wasn't bad. It definitely has more bitterness and hop flavor than a 'lite' beer, but from what I have heard, it is what a lot of 'lite' beer drinkers have as an introduction to ales and some fuller bodied beers.

I agree that the yeast really won't make much of a difference for overall feel.

I had brewed this as my second batch. I added blackberry flavoring to it and it turned out great a light beer but easy to appreciate.

Latest posts

Back