Lagering in bottle vs. secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never done it, but I guess you could. The thing about lagering is keeping the beer on some yeast while lagering, and I do not know if what you might have left in the bottle is enough.

Well, and to be sure, you cannot lager and carbonate at the same time. You'll never get carbonation at lagering temperatures, and you aren't lagering if you keep your beer at carbonating temperatures, but I think I get what you mean.

TL

A friend of mine told me that he added sugar in the secondary (keg), and then let it lager for two months in the keg. He told me that it came out really good, but had to pitch the first beer or two. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but his other beers seem to be really good, so I don't doubt him when he told me this one came out okay also.
I still think I will lager my bock, then add the sugar and let it sit for a month like others suggested.

Back