Good News for USPlastic.com Users

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tek420

Reaction score
Hey all I have never used USPlasic.com before but have read about their pricy shipping charges a few times here in the forums. I am doing a few things in the brewery and ordered about $250 in QDs and the shipping online was over $70!!! :eek: I called because that was crazy to me for just a few small and light pieces!!

Long story short the woman told me to use the "Prepay and Add" option for shipping on the second page of the check out and to put a note in the comments section on the third page of the checkout stating the shipping seemed high and to request someone look at that shipping charge. About 15 minutes later I received an e-mail with my invoice attached and a comment that the shipping would be between $8-$12 for the order and to confirm that shipping price was OK and to preceed with the order. That was over a $60 savings!!! :D :rockin:

Anyway I thought I'd pass this along in the hopes of saving some of you a few bucks on shipping if you use USPlastic.com in the future!!

Dave

Hey Tek, welcome to HBT. That is a fine first post!

Thanks! Been lurking here for a while and learning a TON but didn't realize I hadn't posted before! Almost done converting to a HERMS system with multiple PIDs and all sorts of other goodies so as soon as that's completed look out for a lot of pics of that and a BIG thanks to all the people here who inspired me to go for it!!

Dave

In all honesty, can't see why anyone would buy from a vendor that has a system that screws the unaware people who might not notice the rip off. Why don't they fix the system? Oh, I know - extra profits for the bottom line. Ugh

I think it's typical of manufacturing and the shipping business. There's a difference between a freight company and UPS or FedEx (as we commonly use them).

In all honesty, I've been buying from U.S. plastics for many years and never experienced excessive shipping charges. The shipping has been very fast and their customer service first class. One would have to be fairly stupid to not notice a huge shipping overcharge such as this. No system is perfect. I'm sure they are working to find and fix the glitch. U.S Plastics is a reputable company and they have been around a very long time. Evil intent is not always at the bottom of this sort of thing. Caveat emptor, blah, blah blah.

agree with cat. i've never had an issue with shipping and have bought several buckets and lids for storage of grain, sanatizer, etc. Shipping seemed fair to me.

In all honesty, I've been buying from U.S. plastics for many years and never experienced excessive shipping charges. The shipping has been very fast and their customer service first class. One would have to be fairly stupid to not notice a huge shipping overcharge such as this. No system is perfect. I'm sure they are working to find and fix the glitch. U.S Plastics is a reputable company and they have been around a very long time. Evil intent is not always at the bottom of this sort of thing. Caveat emptor, blah, blah blah.

Stopped ordering from them when they sent me jesus stuff in the box with my fittings.

That would definitely be a deal killer for me too, although it hasn't happened yet. I suspect that this was not something that the CEO approved. It could have been done by an employee without the knowledge of management. Personally, I would contact someone in upper management and inquire about this incident letting them know what was going on. Someone's head would roll if I were running that business and I could find out who was responsible.

Never mind, it's spelled out pretty clearly here: http://www.usplastic.com/content/aboutmission.aspx?clickid=footer

Damn, now I have to find an alternate source for this stuff.

just curious, why?

That would definitely be a deal killer for me too, although it hasn't happened yet. I suspect that this was not something that the CEO approved. It could have been done by an employee without the knowledge of management. Personally, I would contact someone in upper management and inquire about this incident letting them know what was going on. Someone's head would roll if I were running that business and I could find out who was responsible.

Never mind, it's spelled out pretty clearly here: http://www.usplastic.com/content/aboutmission.aspx?clickid=footer

Catt22 said:

Damn, didn't realize US Plastics were missionaries. Won't keep me from ordering from them, we just don't share the same beliefs. Nothing wrong with that.

Seriously. Refusing to order from someone because they believe in god. stupid. just pitch the extra "packaging material" in the trash if you don't want it.

This thread is going down the tubes quick! But using a business as a platform for religious belief is a bit unusual. It can be a turnoff for customers, because it's unclear whether they're selling religion or their product.

As they say, "You go to your church; I go to mine...."

This thread is going down the tubes quick! But using a business as a platform for religious belief is a bit unusual. It can be a turnoff for customers, because it's unclear whether they're selling religion or their product.

As they say, "You go to your church; I go to mine...."

+1 This is not the place to debate philosophy. I vote we stop at this point.

Another forum I am on lists the thread heading by default in replies. So many times on this forum I have to scroll to the top of the page to even figure out what the thread is supposed to be.

Back