How many gallons in 2012... what do they do with all that beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^this.

That number is the cumulative total -- when you post to the thread, most people add in their contribution like so:

Old total
+ their batch
----------------------
New total

gak27, I couldn't help but notice your sig says "vinyl enthusiast". Siding is pretty cool and all, better than brick anyway, but I don't understand how someone can be enthusiastic about it.

In the general forum there is a thread titled "How many gallons in 2012?". A lot of the guys posting are reporting 5 gallon batches yet many of the recent posts have claimed to brew over 7000 gallons of beer so far this year.

The last post was up to 7383 gallons of beer in 2012. If there have been 90 days so far this year that's 82 gallons of beer brewed a day! That's a lot of 5 gallon buckets.

Are these guys brewing 5 gallon batches for brew pubs or something? I'm just curious why you'd brew that much beer (in 5 gallon batches). :drunk:

:confused:

gak27, I couldn't help but notice your sig says "vinyl enthusiast". Siding is pretty cool and all, better than brick anyway, but I don't understand how someone can be enthusiastic about it.

now ^that's^ f'n funny!! well played, sir! :mug:

I suppose I could reply with something witty w.r.t. my SWMBO liking to wear black, shiny clothing ;) , but...

Just in case you've been exposed to one too many gamma rays during your career :cross: (as suggested by your nom de plume), I enjoy most of my music from LPs...:mug:

complete_3.jpg

I suppose I could reply with something witty w.r.t. my SWMBO liking to wear black, shiny clothing ;) , but...

Just in case you've been exposed to one too many gamma rays during your career :cross: (as suggested by your nom de plume), I enjoy most of my music from LPs...:mug:

complete_3.jpg

I'm fairly sure a lot of people on this board have never seen one of those. Heck, I'll be 40 this year, and I hardly remmeber them :fro: :D

Last time I even touched a vinyl I used them for my wheels on my mousetrap car in 7th grade :mug: I know my generation didn't understand the difference between analog and digital sound because cd's were the cool thing but now vinyl's are coming back :)

complete_3.jpg

Cary Audio pre-amp?

Cary Audio pre-amp?

If only...I would like to pick up the new Jolida to try, however.

It's a vintage tube phono preamp from probably the late 60's/early 70's made in Japan -- Cal-Rad was the major manufacturer but other similar companies made almost identical looking units....

Latest posts

Back