Bacon & Cheese Burrito

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarvInSTL

Reaction score
I saw this on the greenboard. Discuss.

ratemycheesefilledbacondb9.jpg

That is awesome!

On a side note. I used to make a burger in my undergrad that was known as the "Eric's Going to Die Soon".

Top bun
Mayo
Cheese
Bacon
Hashbrowns
Burger
Cheese
Bacon
Hashbrowns
Burger
Mayo
Bottom Bun

Countdown to clog......

Ok, I'll get some pictures posted but here is what we had for dinner tonight.

I went to the store and bought a couple packages of bacon, and started thinking what else I could use it for.

So I made 10 ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds)
I made the Bacon and Cheese Burrito as well, but I added a sliced up Jalapeño and fried up some hash browns in the bacon grease. Added those to it along with some Monterrey Jack cheese.

Talk about heaven!

Then took the remaining pieces of bacon and wrapped them around a couple of fillet mignon steaks for the main course. Whipped up some fresh mashed potatoes and a salad with garlic & cheese croûtons and blue cheese dressing.

Finished it all off with a beer float made with Vanilla bean ice cream and Southern Tiers choklat Imperial Chocolate Stout.

I swear to god that I just shaved 6 months off of my life, but ohh was it worth it.

Pictures to come while we are watching Tropic Thunder tonight.

Got the bacon woven together and covered it with a little of my favorite spice (from Rendezvous in Memphis, TN)
DSCF4982.JPG

Threw that into the oven at 400 deg for about 20 minutes. While the bacon weave was cooking in the oven I started working on the ABT's.

I used 8oz cream cheese, and 1tsp of the Rendezvous spice for the filling. Then I use a little slice of Smoked Gouda in each half. Then fill them with the filling, wrap in bacon and keep it together with a toothpick.

DSCF4983.JPG

Then I pulled the bacon weave out of the oven, looking good!

DSCF4984.JPG

Then I added some Monterey jack cheese to the bacon weave, along with a cut up Jalapeño. Then drained the bacon grease into a pan and added some hash browns.

DSCF4986.JPG

Then once the hash browns are done, add them to the bacon weave and roll it up.

DSCF4987.JPG

Cut it up and you have some bacon awesomeness!!!

DSCF4989.JPG

And since I had to use the bacon, we made up some fillet mignon for dinner. Along with some fresh mashed potatoes and a salad w/ carrots, garlic and cheese croûtons and blue cheese dressing.

DSCF4991.JPG

Once dinner was over it was time to go pull the ABT's off the grill that had been sitting in the apple wood smoke for almost and hour.

DSCF4992.JPG

More pictures of the apple wood smoked ABT's.

DSCF4993.JPG

And for desert, a beer float made with Vanilla Bean ice cream and Southern Tiers Imperial choklat stout.

DSCF4994.JPG

DSCF4995.JPG

Man, Harv, I was going to say, get some jalapenos in there, but you were on it! I love me some hickory smoked ABT's!

ABTs1.JPG

ABTs2.JPG

I have an ex-GF that I should send the pictures to; she could eat a pound of bacon at one sitting. When we broke up her cholesterol was over 300!

Atomic. Buffalo. Turds. Best. Appetizer. Ever.

And the name is pretty funny. Someone asks, "What food are you taking to the party?" "Buffalo Turds, of course." They look at you like you are demented - so what if I am!

Man this is right up there with my favorite heart attack meal: Bacon cheese chili hot dog taco!

Easy to make and delicious!

1. Fry up some corn tortillas
2. Cook up some chili (I like Nalley cheese chili)
3. Cook up some bacon
4. Cook up a couple hot dogs (over the stove burner if you have gas)
5. Insert hot dog in taco (LOL)
6. Add chili on top
7. Place 1-4 strips of bacon on top of chilli
8. Add cheddar/jack shredded cheese on top of everything
9. Microwave for 30 seconds on High
10. Enjoy
11. Have hot-dog-bacon-chili-cheese-taco-induced orgasm

Raising a thread from the dead. I figured that I would search before I started a new thread.

I smoked this Saturday afternoon and all that I have to say is that this thing is freaking amazing. I swear that I felt my heart flutter a few times wile i was comsuming it. This thing is great. I would post pics, but since I dont know how and also have too much of a buzz to do it right now, I guess that it will have to wait. :ban:

Ok, well let me try my hand at this.

I present to you the ultimate destroyer. Of worlds. And arteries.

Anyone in NC want to get together and tackle this beast?

step 1 of death.jpg

step 2 of death.jpg

step 3 of death.jpg

step 4 of death.jpg

step 5 of death.jpg

I really want to make that pizza burger for a casual dinner party! A (thin) slice of that and a Homebrew or 4, maybe some ABTs to start, would make for a great night!

Somehow my egg beaters just don't look like they're going to do the trick this morning.

Well Biermuncher, I think you know what you have to do. I've given you the instructions. I've given you the list of ingredients. You know what you must do. Now go forth young man. Godspeed.

Back