Traditional beer seasons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmkimball

Reaction score
Question.

After reading King Kai's post about Dopplebock season, I started wondering what other traditional beer seasons there are. Does anyone know of others?

Thanks!

My beer drinking habits are very seasonal:

siason, wits, hefeweizens in the summer;

marzen, dubbel, trippel, brown ale, fruit or spiced ales in fall

Stout, porter, etc in winter

(I tend to graduate straight to what I consider summer beers in the spring)

Of course there are others I drink year-round: IPAs, APA, bitter, etc

Yeah, I saw the brew calendar after I posted. Are these the traditional times for the beers listed, or just recommended times? I'm just getting into beer history (esp monastic brewing) and I find it fascinating.

Thanks for the replies.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4858

this is one of the brew calendar threads and it has some good information. It took me a while to find my seasonal beers and I like the idea of brewing with the seasons. But especially with lagers you have to be thinking so far ahead thinking you will be brewing some of your summer beers at the end of winter.

Kai

The only beers I seem to follow any schedule with is: Bock, in late Dec so it's ready April or May, and Oktoberfest Marzen in March so it's ready in October.

Back