Keggin questions/help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
If anyone has time can you look at this link. I just picked this equipment up today and I want to get it working.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Home-Micro-Brew...ryZ38172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I used to have a kegging setup a few years ago and this one looks a little different. Perhaps it is older? The 5 gallon kegs are a little bit shorter and wider than normal cornie kegs. The regulator has one hose that comes off of it comes to a "T" and a seperate hose connects to each keg. Should I worry about replacing the hoses? Does the CO2 need to be replaced? I have no idea how old it is. In the mixture of stuff there was a label for 1989 Pale Ale.

Do I just need to clean and sanitize and run the cleaning/sanitizing water through the hoses before I use them?

There are also two little kegs (1 gallon I think). It came with a little tap. Anyone ever used them? Are they worth putting beer in there?

Thanks for your help!

rh348877 said:
Should I worry about replacing the hoses?

Does the CO2 need to be replaced?

Do I just need to clean and sanitize and run the cleaning/sanitizing water through the hoses before I use them?

There are also two little kegs (1 gallon I think). It came with a little tap.
Anyone ever used them?

Are they worth putting beer in there?

!

Co2 hoses ? not unless they leak . Beverage hoses? I would if they are dirty

No.

beverage hose? yes . co2 hoses? no

No.

Probably

Back