need help with disassembling my keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brysonb82

Reaction score
I just acquired enough full sized kegs to build my micro brewery however two of the kegs I received are not normal sanke kegs with the spring. They say miller brewing company on them but I can't find any info on how to take the stem out. I'm assuming this one is threaded but I can't get it to budge. Any help would be appreciated!

Of course, you could also just vent the pressure from the keg and then cut the top and not worry about it... :D Just be sure you have the keg fully vented before you start cutting. Although, once you go through the top in one spot, it won't hold any more pressure. Just don't wear anything you care too much about. :eek:

ForumRunner_20121104_224025.jpg

I'm just cutting the top off of the other 3 however I wanted to use one as a fermenter, and the threaded stems can be flipped upside down and screwed back in and is perfect to be used as an alcohol still.....with the right permits of course :)

Back