Pepper Corn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbman42

Reaction score
I just had a Shorts American Wheat with peppercorn in it and loved it, I will be trying a NB American Wheat kit this weekend and was wondering when would be a good time to add a little pepper corn to the mix. This will be my first attempt at straying from a kit.

I just had a Shorts American Wheat with peppercorn in it and loved it, I will be trying a NB American Wheat kit this weekend and was wondering when would be a good time to add a little pepper corn to the mix. This will be my first attempt at straying from a kit.

I think most people add it towards the end of the boil. Probably any point during the last 15 minutes. That's when I would add it anyway.

I agree with lodo. I would add about an ounce or so of crushed peppercorn and go from there for the next batch.

I just finnished my brew and it went great, I took youer advice and added 1oz of craked peppercorn at the last 15 min and added 10oz of honey at the 30 min mark. I snaged a little taste before I sent it off to the old fridge, and I'm stoked, Thanks for the advice.

Back