New Homebrew Club - Manchester, VT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peruvian802

Reaction score
Our first 'official' meeting was last Tuesday. The next scheduled meeting is Tuesday, September 9th at the Brew Your Own magazine offices.

PM me if you want more info.

The club is know known as the Manchester and the Mountains Brewers Alliance - MAMBA. The October meeting will be the first Tuesday at 6pm.

Another meeting tomorrow night at 6pm at the Brew Your Own offices in Manchester.

Here's the email:

Just a quick reminder of tomorrow night's club meeting...

Happy New Year, Manchester area homebrewers!

NEXT MEETING * Tuesday, January 13th, 6:00pm at the Brew Your Own offices
(5515 Main St., Manchester Center, 05255)

BREW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
Come with your plans for new recipes, brewing techniques, projects, etc.
that you are planning for your 2015 brewing. Ask other club members who have
experience with what you're trying. Let's also map out some themes and
activities that we'd like to visit as a club for our 2015 meetings. Bring
your ideas (and a couple of homebrews to share)!

As always, please forward this (and/or the Facebook group -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/262211443964248/) along to anyone you think
might be interested in participating in our informal homebrew club. Have
them e-mail me their contact info so I can add them to the contact list.

May your yeast be happy and all your brews hit their target gravity!

Cheers!

Kiev Rattee

Moved to the area recently (well withing 20 miles) from Burlington, VT. Excited to find something like this within range. Was working on my brew today for the "Make the Cut" Competition. I'd like to meet some more brewers from the area! Cheers. Joe.

Next meeting, March 25th @ 6pm - BYO Offices in Manchester

Email below:

Hi, Manchester area homebrewers!

NEXT MEETING * Wednesday, March 25th, 6:00pm at the Brew Your Own offices

Hope to see you there!

As always, please forward this (and/or the Facebook group -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/262211443964248/) along to anyone you think
might be interested in participating in our informal homebrew club. Have
them e-mail me their contact info so I can add them to the contact list.

Cheers!

April meeting announcement -

Hi, Manchester area homebrewers!

NEXT MEETING * Wednesday, April 29th, 6:00pm at the Brew Your Own offices

THEME: Beer & food. Bring a dish made with beer OR to pair with your
homebrew.

Hope to see you there!

BTW - so far this is a very chilled out club. We have not made any attempts to 'organize', create a hierarchy, haven't spoken about formalizing via AHA, etc. We pretty much sit around and enjoy each others' home brew. Don't be intimidated.

July meeting is next Sunday. Here's the email:

Hi All,

For our July Manchester and the Mountains Brewers Alliance meeting we’ll finally brew together! Sunday, July 12th from 10:00am to whenever we're finished we'll be brewing and barbecuing up at Hapgood Pond in Peru, Vermont (see directions below). Grant and Alex got approval for our brewing activities as well as doing some MacGyver reconnaissance to make sure we have a water source. I am aware of four burners that will be on hand for boiling, but bring whatever outdoor brew gear you have (including food grade hoses & splitters, nozzles, extension cords/splitters, and GFI breakers). But please feel welcome even if you don't have all the gizmos & gadgets of your own and I'm sure we can schedule some time on the burners if you bring your brew kettle and ingredients. Also bring some food for the BBQ and a side or two to share with friends - and bring your family! Hapgood has a great swimming pond and hiking loop for the non-brewers. There is a $4.00 day use fee per vehicle.

Short on malt, hops or yeast? Reach out to the group and I'm sure we can hook you up for whatever recipe you plan to brew.

Please send me a quick note if you do plan to attend so that we have an idea of how big a group we'll have on hand. Hope to see you then! Have a great Independence Day weekend!

Cheers!

Kiev Rattee
802-318-1516 (cell)

Directions:
From Route 7 in Manchester, take Route 11 east for approximately 7.5 miles, past the Route 11 and 30 junction. Continuing east on Rte 11, pass Bromley Ski Area and turn left into the town of Peru. Turn left onto Hapgood Pond Road;
From Route 100 in Londonderry, take Rte. 11 west for about 7.5 miles and turn right into the town of Peru. Take Hapgood Pond Road north out of town;- Drive about 1.5 miles north on Hapgood Pond Road and then turn left into Hapgood Recreation Area. At the gate please pay the appropriate fees. Take a left after the gate to find the parking area.

August meeting notice - Brews, BBQ, and Bocce! Our next meeting will be August 13 at 6pm at the BYO offices at 5515 Main Street in Manchester Center to celebrate one year as a homebrew club. Bring something for the grill and a dish to share.

BTW - If you have any questions, just post them in this thread or feel free to PM me.

The club is planning a brewery 'crawl' on Sept 20th to visit Northshire Brewing in Bennington, Argyle Brewing in Greenwich, NY and Brown's in Hoosick Falls, NY. Let me know if you have any questions or want to join us.

Next meeting is Sunday, October 10th at 5pm at the BYO offices in Manchester. I'm bringing my cider press, so bring some apples and your favorite cider. PM me if you have any questions.

Back