Guilty Music Pleasures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
So everyone has them. You know what I'm talking about. That song or artist you enjoy listening to but won't tell your friends about and roll your windows up at the stoplight for. I usually can't really get into bands with female vocalists but for some reason I'm really enjoying some of the music by the band Flyleaf. It started while playing Rockband, which has their song "I'm so Sick". Now they have a song out called "All Around Me" that is pretty good too. The lead singer can rock for a girl, I'm embarassed to say. But I still listen to it with my windows up!:rockin:

What's your guilty pleasure?

Most Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, Michelle Branch, etc. Also some rap depending on where I'm driving.

Im a closet Trance/Techno listener. Love the stuff, but will never put it on if someone else is around just because of the looks I usually get.

Chris Isaac. Something mellow after a long day and during a boring commute.

No guilty pleasure at all for me. My musical collectiois so eclectic that no one is surprised by what I listen to. Classical to Speed Metal. Country to Indistrial. I listen to it all only, I have never been able to listen to opera.

Lately I have been hooked on Adele and her first release "19". So damned goodmpop/jazz on that album. Kate Nash and Lily Allen too.

How is Flyleaf a guilty pleasure? They are a damn good band.

they're an excellent band, which is why i enjoy their music so much (although i could do without all the religion). having said that, the lead singer is female, and maybe its a prejudice i have, but i feel weird blasting that around other people.

I hate it when I hear a C&W song that I actually like. It makes me feel dirty and I have to pour acid in my ears as a punishment.

Sara MacLaughlin... that voice... must be what angels sound like.

I'm not all into techno, but I'm not embarrassed by it either. I blast Kraftwerk all the time.:cross:

The Wicked soundtrack...........don't judge me!

*realizes he shouldn't have told everyone on the internet he likes showtunes*

I'll pretty vigorously defend any song I like, but no one believes me when I say that "Toxic" by Britney Spears is actually a phenomenally well produced song. That song's goodness could not have less to do with its singer.

Fleetwood Mac :eek:

Hey, nothing wrong with Fleetwood Mac! They're a classic.

See them live if they do another tour. You'll love it.

I saw Lindsey Buckingham in Chicago last year at the House of Blues, from about 8 feet away for the whole show. Such a great guitarist.

No, angels sound like Jewel.:D Plus I dig chicks with crooked eye teeth.

Jewel sounds like an angle grinder grinding off the top of a keg compared to Sara MacLaughlin!

I GUARANTEE if we had an Angel Singing Contest, Sara MacLaughlin would beat Jewel's ass!:D

I don't make any excuses for my musical tastes at all. My iPod mini is loaded with stuff from Pantera to James Taylor. Show tunes? Yeah, I like the stuff from "Rent". I like Pink's last album too.

My ipod actually went from Pantera to Kermit the Frog singing the "Rainbow Connection" :fro: once when we had people over at the house. Funny as heck. Nothing quilty about it. I like al kinds of music :rockin:

SD

Im a closet Trance/Techno listener. Love the stuff, but will never put it on if someone else is around just because of the looks I usually get.

Oh wow, I've been listening to that stuff for about 12 years...I grew up with it in high school since things rock wise were starting to disappoint me

I built my car stereo around that genre, but more specifically drum and bass....which I have blasting now on the PS3!!!!!

I think the worse thing I listen to is JT and N'SYNC, some John Legend, and some Chris Issac....but I never roll the windows up for what I'm listening too....who the hell cares. There are other people in the world that play a lot of ****, and never roll their windows up, so this is my retaliaion....listening to a lot of stuff.

Back