Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cander38

Reaction score
WOOT! My first brewing attempt has been a success!

I jumped right in with all grain brewing and made a nut brown ale. I made all sorts of mistakes, but the wisdom on here told me to just let it sit and it will be fine.

Some of my mistakes: did my entire boil lid on, let my wort chill at room temp (took 4.5 hours), fermented the first day at about 78 before moving to a water bath to drop temp.

Per recommendation of the board, I left it in my primary for 3 weeks, cold crashed and bottled.

I opened my first bottle at 1 week and it definatley tasted "home brewish". Opened another bottle at 2 weeks, improved taste, but cloudy and still slightly off.

I just opened another and the taste is great and clarity is good. It's now a beer I'm proud to serve!

Thanks for all the tips!

Congrats on your first batch, Cander! What do you want to brew for your second?

I have Edworts Apfelwine in a carboy for about a month now. But I would not really call that a brew...

Last Sunday was brew day for my first lager. Sam Adams Winter Lager clone. Made some mistakes with my lager (which I've received a lot of help about in another thread). I'm excited about it, though. Not sure how finicky lagers are compared to ales, but knowing the mistakes I made with my first ale, I'm hoping the lager turns out well.

Back