Brewer from GA joining the ranks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmkunis

Reaction score
Hello there!

About me:
I'm a homebrewer from Georgia. Picked up the habit from some fraternity brothers in college. I've been brewing on and off for about 4 years now. Timed my first Mr. Beer batch to be finished on my 21st birthday, and I haven't looked back since. I've been brewing with extract and sometimes specialty grains so far, but I am looking to upgrade to all-grain around my next birthday, this coming month (I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you guys).

My setup:
I was doing 5 gallon batches until very recently, when a friend decided he wanted to join me in the brewing process. We bought a few kegs, turned one into a kettle, and are now doing a full 10 gallons at a time so we can split it. Found a spare hydraulic lift in my garage, so I'm using that to get a gravity feed through a homemade CFC (protip: don't attempt to save $5 by getting the hose that's folded flat like an oval instead of the normal round one. Took two people the better part of 2 hours just to thread the hose onto the copper tube...). Not really sure how I'm gonna handle all-grain yet, but I'll get there.

Back